About Me

header ads

Malcolm Conlan Tells Filipinos Why He Loves The Philippines

Why do I love the Philippines and the Filipino people so much? Last week I was asked what was it that I love about the Philippines so much and her people. Got me thinking why I seem to have this fascination and deep rooted love for the country and people. It all started when I was around 19. I went to see Miss Saigon at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane and fell in love with the show. I quickly discovered that most of the cast just so happened to come from a country called Philippines. So, I decided to make the 7,000 mile trip to meet one of the cast members and discover more about the country. When I arrived in the capital city, Manila, I was struck by how friendly and welcoming everyone was. Nothing was too much trouble. I also felt incredibly safe. In fact in over 37 visits back home, I have never felt out of place, never been robbed or hurt, always been treated with nothing but respect and kindness. In fact, I would describe the Philippines as one of the most amazing, friendliest and safest countries in the world. Thank you to everyone I have met along the way, for your kindness, friendliness and hospitality. Philippines, I love you from the bottom of my heart.







Fil-EventandTravel


Post a Comment

0 Comments